Updated scriptdist

I’m amazed how much has changed in ten years.

I have a program to create a Perl module-like distribution around a standalone program. I used it back in the day when I wasn’t creating modulinos from the start, and in 2004 I wrote about it for The Perl Journal (which is now Dr. Dobbs Journal) as Automating Distributions with scriptdist.

I don’t use this much anymore, but it’s probably still useful for people stuck with many standalone legacy programs, so I updated it to version 0.22. In previous versions, which I created ten years ago, I was still using CVS. I’ve changed the program to automatically init and populate a git repo.